The hotel: the least fuss
Hilton Hotel Manhattan New York City
The most common solution, and for good reason! New York and more particularly Manhattan is full of hundreds of hotels. As in most very large cities, the price of overnight stays is very high. Hotels in the heart of Manhattan allow you to be close to the city's major attractions. You can still count $ 100 - $ 150 per night for a double room.
If you want to save, don't hesitate to move away from Manhattan to find cheaper hotels (Harlem, Brooklyn or Queens) where the value for money is better between $ 60 and $ 90 per night. Access to the heart of Manhattan is very easy by subway (which operates 24 hours a day).
Good to know
- Hotels in New York very rarely include breakfasts, however you may have some snacks (coffee, tea, cakes, donuts) in the Lobby of some hotels.
- Beds in the US are very wide! (Queen or king size)
- Read the customer reviews (on Tripadvisor or booking) that will help you make a choice according to the quality of the hotel's service.
The apartment: the most fun
If you are traveling with several couples, renting an apartment by the week is very interesting!
You benefit from the comfort of an apartment (kitchen in particular), from total freedom and will (a little) feel like you are at home in New York!
- The most efficient and reliable solution for finding an apartment is Airbnb. For people who do not yet know, it is a community platform for renting and booking private homes. Do not hesitate to visit the site to get an idea!
- For the more bilingual among you (the ads are written in English), there is Craiglist (the equivalent of Boncoin in the United States), the site contains a multitude of announcements of apartments for rent classified by boroughs ( boroughs) of New York: Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx and Staten Island. However be careful of many frauds have been listed on this site, do not make any transfer before being on the owner. To visit the site, it's here!
- The urban living site also offers advertisements for apartments for rent, it is much less known than Airbnb but it is just as serious. To visit the site, click here.
Couchsurfing: the most social
Couch surfing literally means 'couch surfing'. This consists of receiving one or more people in a more or less summary way, offering the sofa for a night or a room with amenities. If you like to go on an adventure and meet people from all walks of life, this solution is for you. This solution is useful especially if you are traveling alone.
One of the best known sites for couch surfing is Couchsurfing.com. Take a look there to give you an idea.
The youth hostel: the most economical
It is definitely the cheapest hosting solution in New York. Obviously, comfort is more limited, as is your privacy. The dormitories are often composed of 4 to 6 beds, the living room is common to the different travelers. As its name suggests, the majority of occupants are between 18 and 25 years old.
New York has several dozen youth hostels, almost all private. Depending on the type of hostel and the location, you may find rates between $ 30 and $ 60 per night.