You will ask yourself how to get to Amsterdam from Schiphol airport? What are the different transfers between Schiphol Airport and Amsterdam city center? In this article I give you the different solutions but above all the best ones in my opinion.
1) Arrive in Amsterdam from Schiphol Airport
As you can imagine, there are several ways to get to Amsterdam city center from Schiphol Airport, by bus, taxi, shuttle and train.
But keep in mind that at Amsterdam airport there is a train station that runs underneath Schiphol airport, so why bother using another solution?
2) Transfer from Schiphol and Amsterdam by train
In fact, once you arrive at Schiphol airport, you just have to follow the sign with a train. Then in the great hall you can buy a ticket from one of the many yellow machines or you can buy it in advance and receive the ticket in the mail.
Once you have your ticket with you, you have 6 lanes, take the lane that shows "Amsterdam Central" on the digital signs. Be careful not to take the first train to hit your track. Please note that many trains use the same tracks. It is best to ask one of the controllers if you have any questions!
Allow a good 20 minutes for the journey. you can buy it and receive it by mail too. The train will drop you directly at Amsterdam Central Station:
As you can see, the station is quite well located. As you can imagine, from the station you will find many trams, so take whatever you need to get to your hotel.
For those who, like me, have booked a room in the Leidseplin neighborhood (my article "where to sleep in Amsterdam"), take line 1 (after having bought a ticket in the little house that will be to the left of the square when leaving. the station).
/! From 06:00 to 00:00, there are several trains per hour. During the night, from 00:00 to 06:00, there is only one train every hour. For more information on train travel, check the schedules on the official NS website.
3) How to get to Amsterdam by bus
You prefer to take the bus! Well know that there are many lines that connect theSchiphol Airport to Amsterdam by bus. Buses 370 and 197 (Interliner) will take you to Leidseplein (this is where I recommend staying in Amsterdam), which is in the center and Oud Zuid during the day. They leave every quarter of an hour.
If you arrive late at night, you can take buses 97 and 358 (Niteliner) to the same destinations. These buses run from 00:30 am to 05:00 am
To catch the bus, go to Schiphol Plaza, opposite the arrivals and departures terminal. The trip takes half an hour and a one-way ticket costs € 5,20. You have to buy it on the bus. But the easiest thing is to catch the train.
4) Book the train ticket Schiphol Amsterdam online
As I told you, you can buy a ticket at one of the many yellow machines in the airport lobby or you can buy it in advance and receive the ticket in the mail.
In fact, through this "combined" ticket you have:
- 50% reduction for a canal cruise (optional). to see the card for that product only.
- 10% discount on all museums and attractions in Amsterdam.
- So this post is really profitable on all points!
5) Stopover at Schipol airport
Many of you ask me if you can visit Amsterdam during a layover. So for having lived it I tell you that you can do it. But it depends on the number of hours.
Leaving Bordeaux to land in Athens I went through Shipol airport (with checked luggage from Bordeaux and a backpack in the cabin). I arrived at the airport at 8:30 am and the departure to Athens was at 14:XNUMX pm.
So I took the train from Amsterdam airport to Amsterdam, which took 25 minutes. I arrived in Amsterdam at 9:15 am. Amsterdam walking tour until 12:15 pm I came back at 13 pm so no problem!
- Do we have to go through customs?
Ah yes, you have to, but as long as you arrive on time there is no problem!
- My flight leaves europe, is it still possible?
Yes, but on the other hand, don't arrive 1 hour before your flight, but 2 hours!
Flights within Europe are less formal ...
Well there you go, I think you have all the keys in hand to get to Amsterdam city center from Schiphol as it should be
Do not hesitate to leave a comment at the bottom of the page to give me your impressions, share a good address, a hotel, a bar ... Sharing is good;)
- Feel free to leave a comment at the bottom of the page!
See you soon!
Other items not to be missed!
- Visit Keukenhof Park near Amsterdam
- 4 days to visit London and where to stay in London
- Visit the Anne Frank House
- Date festival of lights Amsterdam
- Visit Amsterdam 4 days and where to stay in Amsterdam
- Visit Brussels in 3 days and where to stay in Brussels
- Visit Prague 4 days and where to sleep in Prague
- Visit Berlin in 4 days and where to stay in Berlin
- Visit Budapest in 3 days and where to stay in Budapest
Keywords that allowed Internet users to find this article:
- Transferencia de Schiphol and Amsterdam
- Get to Amsterdam from Schiphol Airport
- Tren Amsterdam Schiphol