How is a helicopter flight over New York?
- When you arrive at the heliport, you will be taken care of by the company teams. You will go through some sort of check-in, like getting on a plane, and you will be assigned your seat.
- It's time ? Get on board! Buckle your seat belt and adjust your headphones to communicate with the pilot, if you have a question about the monument or the location overflown.
- When everyone is properly seated and the ground crew gives the green light, the aircraft rises smoothly. Let's go !
What are the prices for this activity?
Clearly, a helicopter flight is not cheap. However, it is an absolutely magical experience and if you have the means, I recommend it to you 300%. count between $ 199 and $ 325 per flight depending on the duration chosen (from 15 to 30 min) and depending on the circuit. The most important thing to decide is to define a budget for this baptism, this will determine the choice of your circuit knowing that the shortest (15 min) is already good value for money.
- 15 min helicopter flight: Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island & Governors Island, 9/11 Memorial/Freedom Tower & Battery Park, Empire State Building, Chrysler Building,Times Square, Central Park, Intrepid
- 20 min helicopter flight: flies over the same sites as the 15min + tour Harlem, Columbia University, Yankee Stadium (see photo), George Washington Bridge.
- 30 min helicopter flight: survole des mêmes sites que le tour en 15min + The world-famous and colorful Coney Island Beach & Amusement Park, Verrazano-Narrows Bridge (cf photo) , Staten Island et The jaw-dropping Palisades Mountains .
Choose your place in the helicopter!
Indeed, it is important to choose a place in the helicopter in a strategic way. helicopter takes off, skirt Manhattan on the left going up north (this is where the view is the best and the most spectacular) If you have a good seat, in the middle or on the right side of the plane then you will keep one excellent memory!
What time to choose for the helicopter tour?
Avoid the morning because you will have the sun in front which will hamper you to take your photos. the best for this activity is in the afternoon or in the late afternoon with the sunset.
Good to know: You can also do the night flight, which makes the view even more magical and incredible.
Adverse weather conditions
In order to avoid any problems, you should know that the company in which you have booked your flight will most of the time give you a flight day without specific timetables. A few days before the flight, you will have to call the helicopter company to give you visibility on the schedule of your flight over NYC.
For people who do not master the language of Shakespeare, I advise you to ask for help either at the reception of your hotel, or to simply call on a person of your entourage who speaks rather good English.
Which company to choose for the helicopter tour in New York?
As I said in the introduction, there are two really reputable companies that offer helicopter tours over New York: Manhattan Helicopters et Liberty helicopters. The rates are quite similar but Manhattan Helicopters is a little cheaper. Personally, it was with this that I did my 20-minute helicopter flight and it was simply perfect and magical! You can see all the flights operated by these two companies by clicking on the button below.
Book your flight now
Where is the helipad located?
In Manhattan, there are no less than 12 helipads but there are only a few that accept tourists, the rest is reserved for VIPS, large industries or even the NYPD. Difficult to navigate!
One of the most famous is surely that of Downtown Manhattan Héliport ! This is the one from which the helicopters of Liberty Helicopters and Manhattan Helicopter take off. You won't see any celebrity take off there but only tourists every 15 minutes! The exact address is at 6 East River Piers New York, NY 10004
New York Mon Amour readers' reviews
Have you had the chance to fly over New York by helicopter? Tell us how it was in the comments and leave a note below:[Kkstarratings]