Discover or connect with free wifi in New York
You want to have access to free wifi in New York, you have a lot of choices available to you. You will have no problem connecting with your laptop, your Ipad, or your Smartphone during your trip, there are more and more places. You will find in this article all the good plans to be able to be connected everywhere in New York. Among them, cafes, hotels, motels, bookstores or libraries, restaurants or fast food, parks, campuses or public transport.
Where to find free wifi in New York?
- In all the parks of New York City, you can connect to a free wifi network (Union Square Park, Ashington Square Park, Central Park, Flushing Meadows Corona Park ...), during your walk take the opportunity to check your emails or other .
- Google offers Internet in a few metro stations (there are not many of them, but Google is considering increasing the wifi network).
– A, C, E station at Eighth Avenue and West 14th Street – L station at Eighth Avenue and West 14th Street – C, E station at Eighth Avenue and West 23rd Street – 1, 2, 3 station at Seventh Avenue and West 14th Street – F, M station at Sixth Avenue and West 14th Street
- In every Macdo and Starbucks in New York City
- Try your luck in the Apple stores. Indeed, you can use the computers and tablets available or if you have your smartphone or tablet, you can connect to the free wifi network of the Apple Store.
- As for the hotels, they do not all have the free wifi, and often you have to pay extra to be able to connect. I recommend the lobby of Hilton hotels, it's free.
- Public chat Times Square thanks to Yahoo you can easily connect.
- In one of the most beautiful library in New York Public Library, you can take the opportunity to visit it.
Do not hesitate to consult the site Openwifispots.com and the site of the city of New York
- A very well done website lists these places, listed first by state, then by city and place; OpenWifiSpots.com the application is also available on iPhone on Apple Store. It is very convenient when traveling in the streets of New York
New York City even has its own site OpenWiFiNYC.com which lists all the places with WiFi, sorted by connection name, where to find it, type of place that offers it, connection speed and possibility. to connect electrically
Free Wi-Fi in New York before the end of 2015
You should know that by the end of 2015, the free Wi-Fi network will be further extended in New York City. The operator Gowex announces an extension of its presence in the city. Already 2000 access points are available and 500 more will be installed.