Traditionally, Sunday is for resting, spending time with family, going to the movies, or just relaxing. Let's not be afraid to say it, Sunday is sacred!
Of course, we can take advantage of Sunday to take a pleasant walk through Montjuic or to take a dip at the beach. But if you prefer to go dancing all afternoon in the sun in a dream environment, here is the solution: Brunch in town et Brunch in the park!
Brunch in the city 2020
The Brunch in the City event usually takes place in the Plaça Mayor of Poble Espanyol, but from this year there will be three new spaces to host the brunch: the National Theater of Catalonia (metro L1 Glories), the Parc del Forum. (L4 Parc del Forum) and Plaça Major del Nou Barris (L4 Llucmajor).
With the background music you can eat something from the many Food-trucks, and even some stands dedicated to fair trade. As the name of the event says, you can bring your own food and drink (non-alcoholic).
This year, Brunch in the City starts on Sunday March 1 and here you will find the complete program of Dj's that will play during the different dates of Brunch in The City between 13pm and 22pm.
2020 event schedule
- 1st March 2020: Floating Points dj, Hunee, Park Hye Jin, Hadone (Pueblo Español) - Tickets
- 15 March 2020: Henrik Schwarz, Giorgia Angiuli (Parc del Forum) - Tickets
- 29 March 2020: Apparat Dj, Mall Grab, HAAi (Parc del Forum) - Entradas
- April 19 from 2020: Denis consult, Jen Cruz b2b Lee Yo Life (National Theater of Catalonia) - Tickets
- 10 never 2020: Luciano, Heidi, Kosmos & Geneva (Nou Barris) - Tickets
- 17 never 2020: Kerri Chandler b2b Jeremy Underground, Mr.G LIVE (Poble Espanyol) - Entradas
- 24 never 2020: Bedouin, Sita Abellán, Phosky (Spanish Town) - Tickets
- June 14 from 2020: Lil 'Louis + Floorplan aka Robert Hood & Lyric (Poble Espanyol) - Tickets
The principle is the same as Brunch In the Park, with a time slot especially dedicated to children, from 13:18 p.m. to XNUMX:XNUMX p.m., who can enjoy all the activities organized by Petit Brunch.
Adults, as always, will find an excellent electronic musicEven if the real party comes to life in the middle of the afternoon.
- From € 15 to € 25: the faster you buy your tickets, the cheaper they are.
- No entry on the site: all events are "sold out" several days before.
- Small Brunch (adult accompanied by at least one child): € 5 (free admission for children under 12 years old). In this case, you can buy the ticket on the spot. Here you will find the full list of activities at Le Petit Brunch.
How to get to brunch in the city
The easiest solution is to take bus 150 from Plaza Espanya to the Poble Espanyol stop. Or from the Espanya metro station (green line L3 or red line L1), walk about 15 minutes.
For brunches that will take place in the Parc del Forum, you will have to take the L4 of the yellow metro and get off at the El Maresme / Forum stop and from there walk 3 minutes to the space next to the sea.
For events in Nou Barris you have to take the yellow metro L4 and get off at Llucmajor, as soon as you get off the metro you will hear music from the Parc Central del Nou Barris.
Finally, for the day scheduled at the National Theater of Catalonia, just take the red metro L1 and get off at Glories.
Brunch in the park 2020
Located in the heart of Montjuïc Park (in the Joan Brossa Garden), between green spaces and stunning viewsBrunch In the Park is the ideal setting to celebrate your Sunday with family or friends.
The first big names for this year they have been announced and as always we look forward to beautiful Sundays!
More names will be announced soon, but are those on the list worth the price of admission?
Programming brunch in the park 2020
The dates and the Line Up of Brunch in the Park not yet announced. As soon as we have information for the edition of Brunch 2020, we will update the article.
In addition to the stage where the different Dj's that will make you dance from 13 pm to 22 pm, you will also have a mega lawn where can you do picnic with other people. As in Brunch in The City, there will also be a space dedicated to children, the Petit Brunch, to unleash them in a huge space with water games and other activities.
Ticket cost between € 15 and € 25, while children under 12 are free.
You can buy your tickets for Brunch in the Park online here.
How to get to Brunch In the Park
To get to Brunch In The Park at Joan Brossa Garden by public transport, you can take bus 150 from Plaza Espanya and get off at Av. Miramar Estacio del Funicolar.
You can also take the Montjuïc Funicular from the Paral-lel metro stop and get off at the Parc del Montjuïc stop. From there you will have to walk 5 minutes (follow the crowd) to reach the Joan Brossa garden.
When the event takes place in the Parc de la Trinitat, you can take the red metro line L1 to the Trinitat Vella stop.
You can use a transport subscription for all of these routes.
Conseils pour Brunch in the city / park
- Most of the time you will be in the sun, dress lightly, bring lots of water, sunglasses and if you have very white skin like me, also think about sunscreen (to avoid the English tourist effect on holidays!)
- You will find different food trucks with options also for vegetarians. If you prefer, bring your own sandwich or picnic.
- If you are in Barcelona with children, it is safe to take them to Brunch. To keep them entertained, you will find inflatable games, water games, futsal and even fun workshops.
- In general, if you are interested in a particular brunch date, react quickly and purchase your tickets online before they sell out.
Learn more in the comments below.
All you have to do is choose to go dancing on Saturday night or Sunday afternoon! For the more adventurous who want to do both, I recommend wearing sunglasses, at least they can't see your eyes! ?
If you have any questions about Brunch in the City / Park events, feel free to leave me a comment below for personalized advice. The same applies to all your other questions about your Barcelona vacation.
Also, don't be afraid to join the discussion of events in Barcelona on my new Facebook group called “For City Lovers”. Here you can ask questions, voice your complaints, chat with other travelers and more - anything goes!