The beloved Sónar Festival of Barcelona is back on 18 20 in June with the 2020 edition, the 27th, which will give us shows with a parade of world-class artists!
The level of the last three editions was already very high, with DJs and artists such as Paul Kalkbrenner, Massive Attack, Gorillaz, Richie Hawtin, Chemical Brothers, Boys Noize, Dj Shadow, Justice, etc.
SONAR has promised this year to surprise their fans to become the world's most creative music festival!
Are you ready
What is Sonar?
Sonar's real name is Festival of Advanced Music and New Media Art and as you may have imagined, it is a festival based mainly on new trends in the electronic music, bringing together established artists and new proposals.
The specialty of the house is sound quality and the crazy special effects of theLighting. In short, material for demanding people. The first edition dates back to 1994 and has always been held in Barcelona, although several sessions take place in more than 30 countries.
If you are not a fan of electronic music but you come to Barcelona during the Sonar era, see what else to do in June in Barcelona here.
Sonar 2020 Schedule
The 2020 edition is scheduled for the long weekend from June 18 to 20, just over a month after the other great festival in Barcelona, Primavera Sound, closes.
The three days of the event endedone hundred representations will alternate. Here are the names of the artists announced for 2020: Aj Tracey, La Virgen Negra, Eric Prydz, Arca, Carlo Cox, The Chemical Brothers, Dave, Laurent Garnier, Richie Hawtin, Mura Masa and more.
New for 2020 and the most interesting proposals
Let's start by telling you the artists announced for this 2020 edition!
A few words about the artists the most famous: The Chemical Brothers, the English duo arrives at Sónar 2020 to present their latest audiovisual show.
There is also the only exclusive concert of 2020 that the French duo The Blaze, who has achieved great success with his incredible videos and euphoric electronic sounds; then there is the arrival of the swedish dj and the progressive producer Eric Prydz. The return of the project to the festival Slowly, directed by James Murphy and 2manydjs, also deserves a special mention.
As always, Sonar stages best international DJs: Carl Cox, Richie Hawtin, Laurent Garnier, Helena Hauff, Soul, Joy Orbison, Charlotte de Witte, Avalon Emerson, 2manydjs and The Black Madonna, the latter will close Sonar by Night.
2020 will be the year of the return of Ark In the sonar of the night Today's most radically innovative electronic music artist presents an exclusive show. Other exclusives will be the expected return of the Tel Aviv phone and the new show of Masa walls, one of the most exciting artists on the British scene today. In the same wave, we must also add the electronic duo emo-folk Resounding and the return of TNGHT.
Exclusively will be some of the most important British MCs of the moment: David (Revelation 2019 and winner of the prestigious Mercury award) and AJ Tracey, captivating author of the famous "Ladbroke Grove". For more underground rap, there will be the beginner Headie One, which will be preceded by the DJ set of Behavior, one of the kings of the United Kingdom.
For those who are impatient, I suggest you start listening to the official Sónar 2020 playlist.
Probe schedule - day
Here you will find the complete list of artists and some information about the genre they offer.
Thursday: B1n0, Channel three, White boy, Normal Dead, Gela, Hidrogenesse, James Murphy, Jayden g, Sapphire Lettuce, Lindstrom, Manara, María Arnal and Marcel Bagés, Mc Yallah & Debmaster, Ms Nina, Pixel de Stael, Reykjavik606, Sama ', Telephone tel aviv.
Friday: Afrojuice195, Ame, Battles, Califato ¾, Chenta tsai - Baobae, dj Marcelle / Another Nice Mess, Egosex, Folamour, Ivy barkakati, Juicy Bae, Koreless, Lost Souls of saturn, Miret, Nara is Neus, Niño de Elche, People maybe you know, Polo & Pan, Princess nokia, Rojuu, Ryoichi Kurokawa - Subsets, Sega Bodega.
Saturday: Airaboi, Alina pash, Badsista, Carles Viarnès & alba g. corral, dj Python, Howling, Jyoty, Kaydy cain, Kink, Lous and the Yakuza, Morad, Nu Guinea live band, Tomm ¥ € a $ h, Virginie, Wesphere.
Probe programming - night
Friday: 2manydjs (dj set), Aj Tracey, Anna, Arca, Avalon Emerson, The Blaze, Conducta, Critical Soundsystem, Despacio (James Murphy + 2manydjs), Djohnston, Etm, Headie One, Ikram Bouloum, Kelman Duran, Laurent Garnier, Max Cooper - Anhelo de infinito, Or: la, Richie Hawtin, Skee Mask, Tnght, Venus x.
Saturday: Batu, The Black Madonna, Carl Cox, Charlotte de Witte, The Chemical Brothers, Dave, Despacio (James Murphy + 2manydjs), Eric Prydz, Giant Swan, Helena Hauff, Job Jobse, Joy Orbison, la Fleur, Lucient, Mbodj, Midland & Shanti Celeste, Mura Masa, Nihiloxica, Project Pablo en vivo, Reinier Zonneveld en vivo, Royce rolo ..
Sonar Barcelona 2020 Tickets
As for the tickets, you can buy them online. I highly recommend not venturing there without your already purchased tickets. You don't want to have a long, tiring line in the crowd, in the middle of your hangover!
These are the main options available to you (these are the lower prices that you will find in the market):
- Sonar step. Includes the total duration of the festival of 3 days. The cost is € 185 + € 5 management fees (on site it will be € 195).
- Sonar VIP pass. Like the previous one, but with access to the VIP area and a selection of Sónar + D activities, priced at € 290 + € 6 fee.
- Tickets 2 nights. This is the ticket valid for both nights on Friday and Saturday. It costs € 125 + € 4,50 tax. This ticket will only be sold until June 11. The VIP version is available for € 195.
- Sound at night. Ticket valid to enter one of the two nights of Sonar on June 18 or 19. The cost is € 65 + € 4 tax.
- Daytime sound. Ticket valid for admission to Sónar for one day. The cost is € 58 + € 4 management fees.
How to get to Sonar
The party is celebrated in two places different from the city. Here is a list of the different means of transport to get there:
Sonar - night
The afternoons of the Sónar Festival take place at the Gran Via Fair (L'Hospitalet). Is a immense structure, like an industrial hangar, with several rooms. You have several options to access it:
- You can take the FGC train from Plaça Espanya and get off at Europa I Fira station. The last train to arrive at the festival leaves at 2 am, while the first return train is at 5:54 am You can take multiple lines to get to your destination as you follow the crowd! The cost of the train ticket is the same as the metro.
- There is also a transport service who will take you from daytime sonar to nighttime sonar, from 20:30 p.m. to midnight, Friday and Saturday, at a cost of € 2,50.
- Un another ferry, also from € 2,50, works uninterrupted from 20:30 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. between Plaza de las Atarazanas (Metro Drassanes) and Sonar by Night.
- If you want there is also the metro line L9 which arrives at the Fira stop, but in my opinion it is not the best solution, since it makes you take a strange detour if you come from the city center. And you don't want to waste time, right? ?
- Another possibility is the normal buses and the night buses arrive in the surroundings, you can take them from Gran Vía. Get off at the Plaça Europa stop.
- Lastly, there is always the good old taxi, if for example you take it from Plaça Catalunya I don't think it will ask you more than € 15-20 in total for the trip.
Sonar - day
It is located at the Montjuic Fair, in Plaça Espanya. It can be easily reached with the metro lines L3 or L1, stop in Espanya.
SONAR + D
For the fifth consecutive year in parallel to the Festival, Sonar + D will be held, a meeting for professionals of creative digital culture.
Take place from June 17 to 20 at the Fira de Montjuic, dans la zone Sonar by day.
The current topics of this edition will be: Creativity, technology and business. If you are interested in this event, you will find more information on the dedicated website.
Learn more in the comments below.
Yes, I may have prepared you for Sonar Barcelona 2020, but there is probably something missing: if you have any comments or questions about your vacation in Barcelona, leave me a comment below.
Also, don't be afraid to join the discussion on my new Facebook group called I'm Going to Barcelona. Here you can ask questions, voice your complaints, chat with other travelers and more - anything goes!