Here is an article that will let you know. where to sleep in Marrakech so that you can enjoy your stay as easily as possible. Do you want to stay in a riad in the heart of the medina of Marrakech or do you prefer a cheap hotel? This article is here to answer your questions.
For those who already trust me, it is here (purple area of the map below) where I advise you to look for accommodation in Marrakech:
Here is the plan to save time:
- Read my article “what to visit in Marrakech" with GoogleMap maps to facilitate your movements.
- Where to go out in Marrakech
- Excursion ideas to do in Marrakech
- How to get to the city center of Marrakech from the airport and means of transport (for a private driver)
1) In which neighborhood to sleep in Marrakech
Before you know where to stay in Marrakech and tell you why to choose this or that district to stay in Marrakech, here is a map with the essential places to visit in Marrakech. As you can see, they are around the famous Jemaâ El-Fna square.
For those who do not know Jemaa el-Fna square, they have probably already seen it through documentaries. Anyway you should know that this square is the center of the Medina of Marrakech. This is what it looks like:
I have given you an area that in my opinion is the perfect "neighborhood" to find accommodation in Marrakech. From this area you are two from the Koutoubia mosque.
The Koutoubia Mosque is the largest mosque in Marrakech (built in the XNUMXth century). It is a true urban landmark and an important symbol of Marrakech.
If you have booked a hotel in the Medina, your taxi or bus will surely drop you here. In fact, you cannot drive inside the walls of the Medina.
Therefore, in the map below we can see that the area that I recommend and therefore the Mouassine district:
2) Where to sleep in Marrakech
For my part I stayed in December at the Riad Al Rimal which is located in the area that I recommend. Read the reviews, it really is a great place.
Where to sleep in Marrackech, still in the medina:
- Riad le Rubis, which is a stone's throw from Jemaa El Fna square, is also a very good address with good value for money.
Dar Attajmil is a very good address with a very good quality / price ratio.
You also have these hotels / Riad very well located:
- Riad Jdati, a great address, a super nice hotel, the meals are excellent and the location is nice. To have !
- Superb Riad Rihani! More expensive, but often offer discounted prices to see
- Riad Dar Ten (80 to 100 euros) wonderful
3) Cheap riad in Marrakech near Jemaa El Fna square
Riad les 2 Portes is a stone's throw from the square, a beautiful address, a super nice hotel, the meals are excellent and the location is nice. Read the reviews!
Riad Jnane Mogador is a very nice address located 5 minutes from Jemaa El Fna square, read the reviews.
If you haven't found what you were looking for, look for a hotel / Riad in the area (purple) that I recommend.
4) luxury riad in Marrakech
If you are looking for Riads or more elegant hotels and still in the Medina, here are some ideas:
- The Gardens of the Koutoubia 240 euros, mágico
- The Arab House: idyllic (you are at the entrance of the Medina on the side of the Koutoubia mosque)
- Riad l'Etoile d'Orient (fabuloso por 120 euros)
5) Join your hotel / riad from Marrakech airport
Summary of the article "Transfer to Marrakech airport":
From the airport to the center of Marrakech:
- If you take a taxi. It will cost you between 15 and 20 euros; reach an agreement before going up. However, be careful, because not everyone is insured! Otherwise, play it safe at least to get to your hotel! Here's a professional contact.
Once there, opt for taxis, which are very practical and ubiquitous. You will find two types of taxis, large taxis (usually old Mercedes) that are more expensive but can take you outside of Marrakech, and small taxis (usually excellent Dacia Emoji, Fiat, 205) that do not have the right to move outside of Marrakech, these are the ones what to take.
From Marrakech to Essouira:
If you are looking for a driver / taxi to get to Essaouira from Marrakech, know that it will cost you between € 100 and € 120. There are still more than 2h30 of travel ...
6) Bonus for your stay in Marrakech
Summary of the article "Quad excursion to Marrakech".
If you want to get a little out of the Marrakech frenzy, I advise you to do this excursion in the Agafay desert and around the Takerkoust lake (the departure is 40 minutes from Marrakech and a person will pick you up at your hotel):
There you have it, this is where this article ends. Hope it helped you find a hotel in Marrakech.
- And what do you prefer in Marrakech?
- Feel free to leave a comment at the end of the article, sharing is good;)
See you soon!
Other items not to be missed!
- Quad tour from Marrakech: Agafay desert and Lake Takerkoust
- Visit Essaouira
- Transfer to Marrakech airport
- Join Essouira from Marrakech
- Visit marrakech
Keywords that allowed Internet users to find this article:
- Where to sleep in Marrakech
- Where to stay in Marrakech
- Accommodation in the medina of Marrakech