Magnolia Bakery: a store open since 1996
As reported, the first Magnolia Bakery store was opened by Jennifer Appel and Allysa Torey 1996 at 401 Bleecker Street in the West Village area. In the beginning, this pastry shop made cakes with leftover dough, then over time these cakes became very popular.
In 1999, Jennifer Appel decided to leave the company and in 2006, Allysa Torey decided to sell it to Steve Abrams, who is now its CEO.
At present, several Magnolia Bakery stores have opened their doors in the United States and elsewhere : Boston, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dubai, Mexico City, Moscow…
What desserts can we taste at Magnolia Bakery?
Magnolia Bakery's specialty is cupcakes. You will find it in many flavors : lemon, vanilla, coconut, chocolate, carrot… Thanks to the many flavors on offer, you will inevitably find a cupcake that tempts you! These cupcakes are soft, tender and very sweet. In short, they are delicious!
Good to know: the brand's most famous cupcake is le « Red Velvet cupcake », a very popular fragrance. This cupcake is also very pretty visually due to its dark rusty red color obtained by mixing ingredients like cocoa, milk and vinegar. Today dyes are added to achieve this beautiful color.
Of course, you won't just find cupcakes. Other cakes like cookies, brownies, pies and many other pastries are available.
Want to bring a remember your visit in this shop? Magnolia Bakery also sells T-shirts, aprons, but also bags, cups, knives, tea boxes, cake decorations ... And if you've fallen in love with the brand's pastries, buy the recipe book which includes the main recipes offered by Magnolia Bakery. You will be able to prepare and promote the brand's cakes to your loved ones and continue to treat yourself as soon as you feel like it!
And for a 100% local experience, learn how to make cupcakes right in New York City.
What are the prices applied?
For a classic cupcake (vanilla, chocolate, red velvet…) and for “specialty cupcakes” (lemon, carrot, caramel, coconut…), you have to pay $ 3,95. Fancy a cookie? It takes $ 1,75. The prices applied by Magnolia Bakery are therefore affordable and if you want this store to prepare a pudding for you, this is possible. Do not hesitate to inquire about the flavor of the month!
Magnolia Bakery New York: a renowned brand
At Magnolia Bakery, you will therefore have selecting and the most greedy among you will be delighted with all the pastries on offer. In addition, since its stint in the Sex and the City series and the development of tourism in New York, this store has become a must for tasting delicious pastries including the famous American cupcakes.
Where can you find a Magnolia Bakery store in New York?
Several stores are open in New York:
- Bleecker Street : West 11th Street, 401 Bleecker St, New York, NY 10014 (the first and most famous).
- Rockefeller Center : 1240 6th Ave, New York, NY 10020.
- Grand Central Terminal : 89 E 42nd St, New York, NY 10017.
- One Penn Plaza : Concourse Penn Station, 1 Pennsylvania Plaza, New York, NY 10119.
- Bloomingdale's : 1000 3rd Ave, New York, NY 10022.
There is also one at 200 Columbus Avenue, New York, NY 10023.
- Bleecker Street : 10 a.m. to 22:30 p.m. Sunday to Thursday and 10 a.m. to 23:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
- Rockefeller Center : 7 a.m. to 22 p.m. Monday to Thursday, 7 a.m. to midnight on Friday (open at 0 a.m. on Saturday) and 00 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Sunday.
- Grand Central Terminal Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 22 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. to 22 p.m. and Sunday, 9 a.m. to 20 p.m.
- One Penn Plaza Monday to Thursday, 7 a.m. to 22:30 p.m., Friday 7 a.m. to 23:30 p.m., Saturday 8:30 a.m. to 23:30 p.m. and Sunday, 8:30 a.m. to 21 p.m.
- Bloomingdale's : 7 a.m. to 21 p.m. Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 20 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
At 200 Columbus Avenue, the store is open 7:30 a.m. to 22 p.m. Sunday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to midnight Friday and Saturday.
All you have to do is taste the famous pastries from Magnolia Bakery. If you decide to go there on the weekends, be patient, as the queue is often long. And to be sure you eat well, find our 11 best places to eat in New York.