French theater festival in New York: what to expect
From May 29 to June 8, the French theater festival will take place. Presented by the French-speaking theater troupe l'Atelier Théâtre NY at the Theater for a New City (155 1st Avenue, New York, NY 10003), this festival offers you an interesting program :
- L'Avare by Molière in French with English subtitles on May 29 and 31 at 20 p.m. and June 1 at 15 p.m. Price: $ 22 and $ 15 for students.
- Le Jeu de l'Amour et du Hasard in French with English subtitles on May 30 and June 1 at 20 p.m. and June 3 at 15 p.m. Price: $ 22 and $ 15 for students.
In addition to these performances, Atelier Théâtre NY will also present contemporary scenes whose program will be punctuated by "Art" scenes by Yasmina Reza:
- June 2 at 11 a.m. at the Theater for a New City.
- June 8 at 17:30 p.m. at the John Jay College Black Box Theater (524 W 59th St, New York, NY 10019).
For these contemporary scenes, admission is free, but an endowment of 10 dollars is suggested.
Un Match d’Impro will also be presented to you on June 8 at 19:30 p.m. at the John Jay College Black Box Theater. There too, admission is free, but a contribution of 10 dollars is suggested.
Don't forget to reserve your place!
As a reminder, the French theater festival will take place from May 29 to June 8. If you wish to participate, find all the information on the performances on the ateliertheatreny.com website. You can also reserve your place online. You will be sure to have your place for the desired performance!
Other festivals not to be missed
In New York, many festivals take place. Among those not to be missed, you can find:
- Le Central Park SummerStage : in the heart of Central Park, this festival has existed for more than 30 years. In the program ? Theater, dance and other artistic performances. This festival is held from June to September.
- Le Taste of Country Music Festival which will delight all lovers of country music. Other activities will also be organized. The Taste of Country Music Festival is ideal for a local experience. This year it will take place from June 7 to 9.
- Le Northside Festival in the Brooklyn neighborhood. This festival lasts a week and offers cinema and music. The styles of music are varied and the atmosphere is pleasant. You will not be disappointed !
Oktoberfest : If you are in New York between mid-September and mid-October, check out the Oktoberfest festival. This festival, coming from Germany, celebrates beer and pretzels in a warm atmosphere. If you plan to participate, don't forget to dress in traditional costumes.
Every year, many festivals are held in New York. If you are in NY between May 29 and June 8, do not hesitate to participate in the French theater festival. You will have a good time there!
Other news about New York:
- New York JFK Airport: Air France has inaugurated a beauty salon.
- A restaurant to eat alone and without any interaction.
- Manhattan: $ 500 million to protect the neighborhood.